Note: 15-21 Subaru WRX and 13-18 Forester XT require extra components described below
The Radium fuel pump hanger for late model Subaru vehicles replaces the OEM unit and allows the use of 1 or 2 high-flow aftermarket fuel pumps. The system is safe to use with alternative fuels such as E85. The machined assembly mounts in the factory fuel tank using the OEM gasket and replaces the OEM hold-down flange. No permanent modifications are required making installation simple.
To help prevent starvation, the anodized aluminum collector box keeps fuel trapped around the pumps. Furthermore, there are two 1-way fill valves on the collector box thats allow fuel in but not out. Each fill valve flows 355LPH (710LPH total). The included a venturi jet pump features an integrated PRV (pressure relief valve). This transfers fuel from the passive side of the OEM fuel tank to the active side where the pump(s) reside. This unique design creates suction without restricting the return line.
Furthermore, all returning fuel from the FPR return and the crossover hose enter the collector box through a one-way duckbill valve keeping it full. The duckbill valve prevents back flow and reduces fuel spray noise.
As described below, there are 3 external ports:
1. FUEL PUMP OUT
- This port is thread tapped for 8AN ORB (3/4"-16). A SAE quick connect male adapter fitting is preinstalled for connecting to the OEM feed line.
2. FPR RETURN
- This port is thread tapped for 6AN ORB (9/16"-18). A SAE quick connect male adapter fitting is preinstalled for connecting to the OEM return line.
- This port is thread tapped for 6AN ORB (9/16"-18). A SAE quick connect male adapter fitting is preinstalled for connecting to the OEM crossover line.
An external fuel hanger plumbing kit is no longer required if the factory fuel lines are reused (as shown above). Each fuel pump merges internally into a single port. External fuel line merging is no longer required. NOTE: a post pump fuel filter is still required.
Single pump applications can reuse the OEM fuel pump controller wiring, as shown below. However, it is recommended to upgrade the OEM wiring to get the maximum potential out of these high current, high flow pumps. Fuel pump wiring kits can be purchased separately here. Select qty1 for single pump applications and qty2 for dual pump applications.
Unlike compact multi-pin electrical connectors, these custom designed stainless steel electrical studs easily handle the high current demand from aftermarket fuel pumps. These serviceable connections are hermetically sealed and impervious to all standard and exotic fuels. The low profile design keeps all wiring tucked nicely underneath the OEM access cover. Each pump has it's own dedicated +/- electrical connections. Nonconductive anodized acorn nuts are provided to prevent any accidental short circuits. All necessary electrical hardware is provided for external wiring connections.
The factory fuel temperature and level sensors are re-used. The collector box permits mounting for level as shown above. The internal pump bracket permits mounting for the temperature sensor. Consult the installation instructions link at the top of this page for more details.
These kits are compatible with 1 or 2 fuel pumps. They are suited, but not limited, to the following:
- Walbro F90000267 E85 - requires 14-0143 filter (1 per pump)
- Walbro F90000274 E85 - requires 14-0143 filter (1 per pump)
- Walbro F90000285 E85 - requires 14-0143 filter (1 per pump)
- Walbro GSS342 255lph - requires 14-0143 filter (1 per pump)
- AEM 50-1200 E85 - pump kit includes filter
- Deatschwerks DW400 - pump kit includes filter
- Anodized aluminum and laser engraved fuel hat
- Collector box with two 1-way fill valves
- Pressure relief valve venturi jet pump
- Stainless electrical terminals
- Stainless steel hardware
- SAE quick connect fittings
- Submersible fuel tubing
NOTE: THE FUEL HANGER ELIMINATES THE POST PUMP FILTER. A LOW MICRON FUEL FILTER WILL NEED TO BE INSTALLED DOWNSTREAM. THE FUEL PLUMBING KITS BELOW INCLUDE THIS REQUIRED ITEM.
14-18 Subaru Forester XT and 15-21 Subaru WRX
The 2 vehicles listed above require extra components described below.
- The OEM fuel tanks may be the same, but the OEM fuel units are completely different. To adapt the OEM fuel level sensor to the Radium fuel pump hanger, 20-0850 FUEL LEVEL SENDER ADAPTER, FA20 is required (sold separately).
- The OEM fuel system is returnless. The fuel pressure regulator that is normally inside the OEM fuel unit is discarded. An aftermarket FPR is required.
- 2008-2014 Subaru WRX
- 2015-2021 Subaru WRX*
- 2008-2014 Subaru STI
- 2015-2021 Subaru STI
- 2008-2013 Subaru Forester XT
- 2013-2018 Subaru Forester XT*
- 2004-2009 Subaru Liberty GT
*Requires additional components as mentioned above