Note: Includes new PSR Bolt On RHD compatible mounting bracket and hardware.
RHD Mounting Bracket Notes:
- Included heat shield may need to be modified for RHD position depending on surrounding engine bay components, or this can simply be left off.
- Spacers are included to allow clearance of the surrounding fuel lines and wiring.
- Supplied hoses/fittings from certain catch can/AOS kits may not be sufficient to install their product in this new location. Additional hoses/fittings may be required and sourced separately. For example, some cans may only include straight fittings where 90-degree fittings will work best.
- For 01-07 Vehicles: Cable-Throttle Models with Cruise Control will need the PSR cruise control relocation bracket (sold separately).
- For 08-14 WRX and 08-21 STI Vehicles: Factory bracket for the engine wiring harness plug is removed. For 08-14 Vehicles this plug will need to be cable tied out of the way. For 15+ STI the OEM bracket can be mounted upside down and the plug reinstalled in a new position.
PSR RHD Bracket Installation Instructions:
An oil catch can is essential for engine protection from elevated levels of crankcase blow-by oil that accumulate during aggressive driving. Excess oil saturated air circulating back into the air intake stream can lead to degraded performance by depositing oil on the inside of the induction system, intercooler, intake manifold, etc. Radium Engineering catch cans feature large 10AN ORB ports, a 4AN ORB drain port, 2-step oil separation baffling, and an O-ring sealed dipstick.
This kit contains two independent catch cans, each plumbed into different parts of the PCV system. The cans do NOT vent to atmosphere (VTA), and instead maintain the factory plumbing strategy. This closed-loop system routes clean filtered air back in through the engine promoting negative crankcase pressure for optimal performance. Furthermore, closed loop systems prevent unwanted oil vapors from being detected in the cabin.
An aluminum heat shield is provided to prevent radiant exhaust temperatures from disturbing the oil condensation process. Furthermore, removing the 4 heat shield bolts makes catch can servicing simple and straight forward.
Catch cans must be maintained and emptied on a regular basis. The frequency will depend on how much sludge is collected which varies from vehicle to vehicle. For a maintenance-free solution, consider the Radium AOS-R.
- Effectively raises the octane
- Cleaner air increases engine performance
- Prevents oil sludge in the intake system
- Bolt-in installation
- Easy servicing with dipsticks
- Capacity: 8 fluid ounces each
HOW IT WORKS
During closed or light throttle, the PCV valve is open allowing fresh air to be pulled into and through the crankcase and into the intake manifold. The PCV line catch can will receive the most oil collection under this condition. The crankcase catch can will not see any oil collection in this circumstance.
Under full throttle conditions the PCV valve is closed (you do not want turbo boost entering the crankcase) and crankcase gasses are pushed out of the engine and into the turbo air inlet pipe.
This is opposite flow as the above diagram, and the time that the crankcase vent catch can will see the most oil collection.
Optional Petcock Drain Kits (Sold Separately)
- Anodized -4AN ORB Barbed Fitting
- Nylon ¼” Barb Mini Ball Valve
- PCV Compliant Rubber Hose
This kit, sold seperately, can be used to remotely drain the catch cans without the need to unscrew the canister bodies. There is an option to put the remote drain kit on one or both catch cans. This is recommended for users that need to drain the catch can contents quickly and easily.
- 2001-2007 Subaru WRX (01-05 Cable Throttle Models require cruise control relocation bracket)
- 2001-2007 Subaru STI (01-05 Cable Throttle Models require cruise control relocation bracket)
- 2008-2014 Subaru WRX
- 2008-2014 Subaru STI
- 2015-2021 Subaru STI