Eliminate the concern of shearing your timing drive gear keyway once-and-for-all with this bullet-proof billet replacement for 2.0T FSI and 1.8T 20V engines.
Factory timing gears are notorious for coming loose in high RPM conditions, leading to the keyways completely breaking, causing timing belt failure. We have also seen failures from the powdered metal gears completely disintegrating from small cracks that develop as the bolt is torqued. As a result of these failures, valves bend and pistons become damaged. To find the ultimate solution for the faulty OE timing gear, IE engineers put in serious work and testing to bring a bulletproof solution to the market. With this product, we have completely redesigned the factory interface, removing the weak factory gear and loose-fitting keyway, replacing it with a solid steel gear with a press-fit interface.
Our gears start out as a solid block of steel and get precisely machined into the finished piece, with special attention taken to the area where the gear meets the crankshaft. Our billet replacement offers a press-fit, so the gear is no longer loose on the end of the crankshaft, eliminating any chance of the gear coming loose and shearing the keyway. We finish them with bright zinc plated finish to prevent against corrosion.
- Billet steel construction
- Press-fit interference eliminates the chance of failure
- Direct ft for 2.0T FSI EA113 engines
- Upgrade for 06A 1.8T engines
- Zinc plating to combat corrosion
- Includes new damper bolts
4 & 6 BOLT CRANK DAMPERS
This press fit timing gear is a direct bolt-on solution for 2.0T FSI EA113 bolt crank damper pulleys. This gear should be used on 2.0T FSI engines when using either the OEM crank damper pulley or aftermarket 6 bolt crank damper pulleys. For high power output 1.8T 20V engines, you may want to upgrade the factory 4 bolt interface to this 6 bolt interface gear. In order to upgrade your 1.8T 20V engine to a 6 bolt interface, you need this IE FSI billet press fit timing gear and Fluidampr FSI crank damper pulley (IE part number FD-551211) as a direct swap solution.
REQUIRES IE / ARP CRANK DAMPER BOLT
The gear must be installed along with an IE/ARP crank damper bolt (IE Part Number: ARP-06A-01).
2.0T FSI EA113 (TIMING BELT DRIVEN) ENGINES
- AUDI - A4 2005-2008 (B7) 2.0T FSI
- AUDI - A6 2005-2011 (C6) 2.0T FSI
- AUDI - A6 Allroad 2005-2011 (C6) 2.0T FSI
- AUDI - TT 2008-2015 (MK2 - 8J) 2.0T FSI (TIMING BELT ENGINES ONLY)
- AUDI - TTS 2008-2015 (MK2 - 8J) 2.0T FSI
- AUDI - A3 2006-2013 (MK2 - 8P) 2.0T FSI (TIMING BELT ENGINES ONLY)
- AUDI - S3 2006-2013 (MK2 - 8P) 2.0T FSI
- VW - GTI 2006-2009 (MK5) 2.0T FSI (TIMING BELT ENGINES ONLY)
- VW - Golf R 2012-2012 (MK6) 2.0T FSI
- VW - Jetta & Jetta GLI 2006-2010 (MK5) 2.0T FSI (TIMING BELT ENGINES ONLY)
- VW - Passat 2006-2010 (B6) 2.0T FSI (TIMING BELT ENGINES ONLY)
- VW - EOS 2006-2015 (1F7) 2.0T FSI (TIMING BELT ENGINES ONLY)
- 1.8T ENGINES UPGRADE (REQUIRES FSI CRANK DAMPER PULLEY)
1.8T 20V (TIMING BELT DRIVEN) ENGINES (REQUIRES FSI CRANK DAMPER PULLEY)
- AUDI - A4 1996-2001 (B5 - B5.5) 1.8T 20V (LATE 06A ENGINES ONLY)
- AUDI - A4 2002-2005 (B6) 1.8T 20V
- AUDI - A6 1998-2004 (C5) 1.8T 20V
- AUDI - A6 Allroad 1998-2004 (C5) 1.8T 20V
- AUDI - TT 2000-2006 (MK1 - 8N) 1.8T 20V
- AUDI - A3 1996-2003 (MK1 - 8L) 1.8T 20V
- AUDI - S3 1996-2003 (MK1 - 8L) 1.8T 20V
- VW - Golf 1999-2005 (MK4) 1.8T 20V
- VW - GTI 1999-2005 (MK4) 1.8T 20V
- VW - Passat 1998-2005 (B5 - B5.5) 1.8T 20V (LATE 06A ENGINES ONLY)
- VW - Jetta & Jetta GLI 1999-2005 (MK4) 1.8T 20V
- VW - Beetle 1998-2011 (1C - 9C - 1Y) 1.8T 20V